Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Welcome to Simple Days!

Hello, and welcome to Simple Days! If you are new here, I'm Sherri, and I've been blogging for a little over 8 years at A Quilting Life. For some time now, I've been pondering the idea of starting another blog where I could focus a little more on lifestyle including ideas for home-making, recipes, organization, decorating, and more!


I finally decided to take the plunge with this new venture, and hope you'll join 




me on this journey: I plan to post about three days a week and hope you'll be inspired to visit here often!

The Laura Ingalls Wilder quote in my photo is a favorite of mine. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of reading Laura Ingalls Wilder books curled up on our family sofa. My beloved first grade teacher gave me a copy of Little House in the Big Woods at the end of the school year, and that summer was the beginning of a lifetime love of reading and words. Laura was my childhood hero, and as an adult I see even more the wisdom in so many of her writings!

I believe that in this fast-paced world we live in, striving for more simple days is something that should be a high priority; on the other hand, there are so many wonderful things to do. By simplifying a lot of our "must-do" tasks we can create more time for the people around us and for the activities we love.

My official "launch" date will be in October--until then I'll be filling up some of the pages with goodies and ideas...and posting a few different things so everything is ready to go in October!

Here's to wonderful, joy-filled Simple Days!

Sherri


No comments:

Post a Comment